Everyone is a critic when it comes to the Internet and the content that gets posted. My videos receive mostly great feedback, but there's also the contingency that reminds me that the technique I demonstrated could be easily countered with a spinning back kick, or a hook to the body. Perhaps a well timed wedgie could render my strike useless, in a vacuum.
But the reality is that each fighting situation is different, and those golden opportunities to use that ca-ca-ca-combo breaker technique rarely presents itself. Fights are usually spontaneous, involve more than 2 people, and sometimes introduce improvised weapons. The video below came from MyMuayThai's blog this morning, and it reminded me that training for a fight in the ring does not prepare the fighter for what could happen outside the squared circle.
Here's a few tips to survive a situation like the one you're about to watch:
1. Look for an exit, if possible make your way towards it.
2. Do not stay in the same spot long - be dynamic, moving about in a zig-zagging, unpredictable manner, constantly changing directions.
3. Try to remain on the perimeter of the room/area. If you're in the middle of the room, get to the perimeter.
4. If you have to engage somebody in a brawl, think about incapacitation, punching to the head will not stop an adrenalized attacker.
5. Watch for flying objects, this video provides a textbook example of how it works.
This brawl escalates pretty damn fast, and the 4 minutes fly by.
Dubbed the Ballroom Blitz at Royal Pines This happened at the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia not far from where i live.ReplyDelete
Christopher Wayne Hudson defected from the Finks to the Hells Angels motorcycle gang, and was shot in the face on this very occasion and carried a gun ever since.Hudson was arrested and jailed for 35 years in '07 when he shot 3 people including his girlfriend. One of the men died.
The incident was sparked by Hudson beating on his girlfriend in public when two men rushed to her aid he produced a gun and shot all three of them.
For a team sport with similar skills required when it comes to play rugby League or Rugby Union. It will get you used to palming people off and using your shoulder to break through multiple people while your running plus a whole lot of power and conditioning training.ReplyDelete